When you opt for a tour of Dubai, you will be busy throughout the day taking in unique sights and indulging in adrenaline pumping activities. However, do keep some energy aside for the vibrant Dubai nightlife.
You will be surprised to find that the nightlife in Dubai is actually very popular and sees a huge expat and local crowd. However, make sure that before you decide to enjoy this thriving nightlife, you eat something so that your stomach is properly lined. Also, learn to pace yourself during the night so that you can enjoy the Dubai nightlife in a sensible manner.
Learn the Law of the Land
For all its glitzy show and fun and thrilling activities, the UAE is still an Islamic nation. Dubai allows alcohol consumption for non-Muslims, but it prohibits behaviour that many expats may consider normal. Hence, it is best to stay in control. While you can talk to members from the opposite sex, do not get too close. Also, drinking on the beach or outside the bar and restaurant is forbidden. So, refrain from it.
Enjoy Authentic Arabic Food
In the night, rather than going to a restaurant, opt for street food. Make sure you taste the shawarma, which is not only delicious, but also cheap. You can also try machboos, which is a type of casserole, and diyai mashwi, which is grilled marinated chicken. However, do not leave Dubai without tasting the famous biryani. You can get meat or fish cooked in rice. This fragrant rice dish is served with yogurt and is wholesome, rich and filling. If you like, you can also enjoy hummus and falafel which are served with pita bread.
Head to the food courts in malls which are popular with the locals. Opt for a chain restaurant in these food courts, where you should try out esh asarya. It is a type of a cheesecake that is topped with cream. It is delicious and melts in your mouth. It is one of the most sought-after desserts in Dubai.
If you are keen to enjoy a drink with your food, you will have to go to a hotel restaurant. These restaurants are the only ones allowed to serve alcohol. Be prepared to enjoy gorgeous skydecks and live performances. If you don’t have deep pockets, stay away from the cocktails.
Remember to check the notice board at bars, as some may mention the minimum spend a customer needs to make while ordering.
Best Places to Visit in the Night in Dubai
If you want to enjoy the Dubai nightlife, here are some of the best places to make most of the night.
- Head to the Burj Khalifa, which is the tallest building in the world. You will be impressed with night views of Dubai. However, be mindful that it is expensive.
- Another place that you should visit is the H Hotel. On the 40th floor of the hotel is a rooftop lounge that is aptly named 40 Kong. Enjoy a drink here and marvel at the nightscape of the city. You will really feel at the top of the world here.
- The Radisson Blu Hotel in Dubai has a rooftop terrace called the Tamanya. During the summer months, it is covered with a tent and has air conditioning, but the design is such that it does not detract from the gorgeous views of the surroundings.
- If you want to capture your time in Dubai, head to The Edge. It is located at the Hilton on the Creek. Here, go to the rooftop swimming pool and take a selfie with the night skyline as the backdrop. You can be certain that you will have one of the best selfies to cherish for the rest of your life.
- Do visit the Dubai Fountain where you can enjoy a mesmerising light show. The show is hosted from 6pm until 11pm and lasts for 30 minutes. Just get a drink and enjoy this show. It will be worth it.
- If you enjoy watching sunsets, the best place in Dubai is the Umm Suqeim Open Beach. This public beach offers amazing views of the Burj Al Arab and you can sit on the pristine sandy beach to watch the sun set in the horizon to the tunes of the waves. It can be a hypnotic experience
The Bottom Line
Dubai has so much to offer discerning travellers. However, many of the sights and attractions often get ignored by the massive architecture, adventure sports and desert safari. However, a tour of Dubai would not be the same if you don’t spend time exploring the rich and vibrant nightlife of Dubai. So, get your party clothes on when you are here and get a taste of Dubai nightlife. You never know as you could end up forging friendships for life with likeminded people you meet.